FAITH CONNECTION – FARMERSVILLE UMC
The annual wreath sale will continue amid Covid-19! We have moved the order form to an online format or you can call the church at 937-696-2502 to place your order. Orders are due Wednesday, November 25th and they will be delivered to your home by a youth/church member on Saturday, December 5th (local deliveries only, please). Contactless delivery is available – just note your preference on the order form. Checks (no cash) must be sent to the church with “Wreaths” on the memo line to complete your order. This fundraiser benefits the youth group to support their endeavors throughout the year. We thank the congregation for your continued support! Here is the order link: https://forms.gle/B2m79eahm3RQH9Ms8
Scripture – 2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
God in heaven, we give you thanks for the privilege of living in this country that is founded on freedom. We give you thanks for this nation where we are given voice and vote. We give you thanks that your promise to be Lord over all nations. On this day we would ask your help with the following;
That we would always take seriously the privilege of our citizenship
– That we would respect the differing voices and opinions of others
– That we would be ambassadors of peace in the coming days
– That you would forgive us any hurtful behavior we have engaged in over this election.
– That you would help protect the integrity of the voting process
– That you would work change in the hearts of those who believe some citizens voices and votes should be suppressed
– That regardless of the outcome, we would continue to practice good citizenship at every opportunity.
– That as the election decisions become final, that we neither over-joyed nor easily dismayed, because either way, we believe Christ is King.
God, on this day, we make a special appeal to you, on behalf of these United States of America, that your goodness would prevail, and that you would begin to heal the divisions that so easily rise up during election season. Forgive us our fear, and renew in us our hope in the future for ourselves and for our children. We pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.